Thursday 8 March 2012

The Night Circus By Erin Morgenstern Review

Available at Amazon or The Book Depository

Description: The circus arrives at night, without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within nocturnal black and white striped tents awaits a unique experience, a feast for the senses, where one can get lost in a maze of clouds, meander through a lush garden made of ice, stand awestruck as a tattooed contortionist folds herself into a small glass box, and gaze in wonderment at an illusionist performing impossible feats of magic.

Welcome to Le Cirque des Rêves. Beyond the smoke and mirrors, however, a fierce competition is underway - a contest between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood to compete in "a game," in which each must use their powers of illusion to best the other. Unbeknownst to them, this game is a duel to the death, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will.


 
Chaos' Review: 

    As of late, I have been picking up a great deal of books, but for once have I picked up something that made it seem like the book was -breathing- in my hands. Each word is delicately displayed to allow the readers to marvel in the magic. LIKE WOW! I know I can be a wide spread person who loves to put my imagination to the test, but this book made me literally feel like I myself was able to watch Celia pepper out "illusions" with the lift of a single finger,  or walk through the tents and view that incredible world myself, like the ice sculptures made by the dashing Marco, or as if I too am climbing that tree with Bailey, whom'll never stop dreaming.
   Celia Bowen is remarkably confident and thinks every possible outcome through, she literally seemed like a normal classy lady from the 1900's that adorned broad dresses and beautiful hats, with just enough well-mannered skin showing, now the thing I loved about this was that she was MAGICAL, which changed the entire concept of this character into someone stronger, because she's trying to win a game she hardly knows a thing about. Simply Outstanding. Then there is Marco, what can I say...who doesn't have a weakness for guys in top hats? hahaha. He too seems like your ordinary well-mannered man, yet he as well is MAGICAL. However, the story got remarkably better when the tragedy of a love that can never be GROWS! It was heart killing, and I literally miss walking through this story page to page. 
   There is no doubt that I will most definitely pick this book up again and allow it to spring back to life, just the way Erin Morgenstern worded everything so the reader themselves, can feel part of this remarkable story of pure imagination and magic. It was filled completely with the love of the magic sense from Harry Potter, but on a different poetic scale compared to it.Erin Morgenstern is simply a gifted writer and he definitely deserved much praise for this SUPERB BOOK!!!!!!!! 
 I LOVED IT!!!!!!! And since its over.........I miss it so much. I feel so empty. *wipes away tears scrolling down my cheeks*

No comments:

Post a Comment