Tuesday 22 May 2012

Ascend By Amanda Hocking Review (Trylle #3) The Conclusion

Source: Bought


Author: Amanda Hocking


Publisher: St. Martin's Press


Description: 
  Wendy Everly is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself.  If she doesn’t surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe.  But how can Wendy leave all her friends behind…even if it’s the only way to save them?
The stakes have never been higher, because her kingdom isn’t the only thing she stands to lose. After falling for both Finn and Loki, she’s about to make the ultimate choice…who to love forever. One guy has finally proven to be the love of her life—and now all their lives might be coming to an end. 
Everything has been leading to this moment.  The future of her entire world rests in her hands—if she’s ready to fight for it.

Chaos' Review:

  Just like Torn, this cover is gorgeous, plus my  second favourite colour is Green...or maybe it's red.....I'm not really sure, depends on my mood. 


  On to the story, it was amazingly intense, Wendy gets around to Loki and because of that dude I automatically burst out laughing. He is just such a DUDE! I love it. As soon as he entered in towards the end of Torn and his sarcasm hit the page, he became my favourite character within this book. (OMG I keep typing "favourite" in Canadian spelling and the red line beneath it appears, obviously trying to tell me it's INCORRECT! GAHHH!!!! #CanadianProblems) Anyways, this is the end of Trylle Trilogy (Whatta tongue twister, Try saying "Trylle Trilogy" 10 times with NO mistakes! LOL)
  
  As soon as I completed Torn, the day after I zoomed out and bought Ascend, lets just say I was addicted, and I completed this book within the day at 12:07am. Okay, I was 7 minutes off from 1 day, but STILL!  Plus it was a school night, I have no clue how I woke up in the morning, talk about Zombie, when I saw my pale face. 
  
  Enough about moi and back to the story. This was probably better than Torn because it was more action packed and it was so INSPIRATIONAL! Through out the book it was inspirational speech after the other. It made sense because HEY! There's about to be a huge bloody war between the Trylle and the Vittra. 
  In this book we found answers to all our questions INCLUDING the "who does Wendy love?" part, and there is a very heart-wrenching scene that tore my heart apart. I was obviously very emotional while reading this so late at night. 
  
  Anyways! I would definitely recommend this series to EVERYONE or ANYONE that enjoys Romance, Mystery, and a Thriller taking place here in the present! Yes, they drive around Cadillac's and SUV's plus Wendy wears yoga pants time to time (Shoutout out to all the Canadians that wear LULULEMON'S Yoga Pants!) . This was no doubt an interestingly unique read for me because, I have yet to read a book that includes trolls. LOL I actually really adored that concept. 



No comments:

Post a Comment