Sunday 10 June 2012

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris Review

Source: Gifted

Author: Elizabeth Norris

Publisher: HarperCollins

Genre: Thriller 

Format: Hardcover

Subformat: Young Adult



Description: 
  Two days before the start of her junior year, seventeen-year-old Janelle Tenner is hit by a pickup truck and killed? As in blinding light, scenes of her life flashing before her, and then nothing. Except the next thing she knows, she''s opening her eyes to find Ben Michaels, a loner from her high school whom Janelle has never talked to, leaning over her. And even though it isn''t possible, she knows? With every fiber of her being? That Ben has somehow brought her back to life.
  But her revival, and Ben''s possible role in it, is only the first of the puzzles that Janelle must solve. While snooping in her FBI agent father''s files for clues about her accident, she uncovers a clock that seems to be counting down to something? But to what? And when someone close to Janelle is killed, she can no longer deny what''s right in front of her: Everything that''s happened?the accident, the murder, the countdown clock, Ben''s sudden appearance in her life?points to the end of life as she knows it. And as the clock ticks down, she realizes that if she wants to put a stop to the end of the world, she''s going to need to uncover Ben''s secrets?and keep from falling in love with him in the process.

Chaos' Review

Lets get straight into this. The cover is filled with awesomeness. The title confuses you, the people on the front make you wonder, and the description on the back is just icing on the cake. If this book was a slice of cake, I would devour it within the minute no doubt.
  On to the story! It starts right off into the protagonist's aka Janelle's, daily routine during the last few remaining days of summer vacation, which is exactly 2 days in counting for her junior year! She's a lifeguard and is a bad-ass swimmer, is dating the oh so deliciously popular senior at school, has a smart-ass best friend named Alex, and it basically seems like shes surfing through a fantastic life. Not. At. All. She gets picked on by her ex-best friend and her "boyfriend's (not technically because they're still dating and aren't official)" ex-girlfriend, her mother is bipolar, her Father is barely ever at home, and she is forced to mother her younger brother Jared. Then BAM! she's hit by a freaking TRUCK! Then things get crazy as this loner yet hottie guy named Ben Michaels enters her life and "possibly" plays a role in Janelle's revival. 
  As the story proceeds and you jump into Janelle's history and understanding of the current situation, dead literally melted to the bone, bodies appear and there's a countdown to something no one can figure out and everything is just pure stress and craziness GAHHH!!!!  I have to admit. This book was mind-blowing for me because I could relate to Janelle SO MUCH! This book brought me to tears, and honestly, this is probably my favourite book of the YEAR. I simply loved it inside out. This story isn't just based on the protagonist's love life, but also her family life, and it just literally was so HEART BREAKING! I know for sure that it's going to be an agonizing wait for book 2, which is called Unbreakable. I send all high praises possible to the author, Elizabeth Norris, I LOVE LOVE LOVED Unraveling! Being a teenager myself, this book honestly called out to me. I know the older crowd is judging this book immensely, but screw them, I am a YOUNG ADULT and I damn well loved this book. Did I mention I'm in the middle of reading it for a 2nd time?
  And if I could go beyond our 5-star ranking system, I would, but I'll play by the rules today and here we are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment