Sunday 15 July 2012

Book Review: Legend by Marie Lu

Source: Borrowed

Author: Marie Lu

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Genre: Thriller, YA, Fantasy, Dystopia, Action-Adventure

Format: Hardcover

Subformat: Young Adult

Release Date: November 29, 2011

Description: 


What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.


From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills

Calamity's Review:

  As usual, the cover! I'm just gonna put this out there by letting ya'll know that I'm not a fan of this cover. I guess there's supposed to be some sort of symbolism in it, but I'm sorry, I just don't see it. I guess this where the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" comes into play. Because this book was totally interesting. It was very fast paced and I finished it in a day- this says a lot because I am probably the slowest reader, turned blogger, you will ever meet. Seriously. I isolated myself from the world around me, and just read.

  Legend is written in two different POV's; Day and June. Day is this badbutt villian who OBVIOUSLY has a good side to him-how else is he supposed to find true love? and June is the pretty, smart, rebellious girl... quite immpressive. She has all the characteristics that make her irresistable. And yet.. she was boring. Have you ever read a book where the traits of a charactrer are laid out but you don't really see them actually PUT INTO the character? well, this was the only problem with Legend. The characters were just plain boring. Even though I knew that Day was this awesome villian. I just didn't FEEL it.

  Besides that, the main storyline was a little flat. I love the part of a book where the mystery is being solved and Legend didn't really give me much of that. I'm waiting for the sequel because I assume thats where we'll find out whats actually going on. Legend was quite the cliffhanger and I have a lot of unanswered questions.
I rate this book a 3, only because I'm soo anxious for some answers


1 comment:

  1. Legend is AMAZINGGGG. you have to read prodigy and champion too. its grievous yet enchanting.

    ReplyDelete